Published On:Wednesday 20 February 2013

Chetan Bhagat donates all his wealth to Buffet-Gates Foundation

Following the footsteps of Wipro Chairman Azim Premji, author and social activist Chetan Bhagat decided to give all of his wealth to Buffet-Gates charity. Azim Premji was in the news today for donating 50% of his Rs 87000 crore to Buffet-Gates Foundation. Taking cues from him, Chetan Bhagat who earlier said that he was not reachable to farmers announced all of his unidentified wealth to the charity.

"People say I am great, intelligent and popular author. But I have never done any charity in my life besides earning huge bucks from the royalty of my typical filmy novels. I think Azim has shown me a right path and therefore I thought of donating whatever I have earned, going to earn from royalties and movie revenues to this charity," Chetan Bhagat said in a press conference.

Chetan Bhagat maintained that he was popular still unreachable to farmers contrary to Rahul Gandhi.

He said "Sometimes I call Rahul. I used to tell him that I am more popular than him but I am not really reaching the farmers of the country through my books. I want to explore rural India and connect to them. I wanted to bring my writing closer to them, that's why I've also associated myself with films. They are more accessible to the masses. I therefore decided to spend all money to charity and even asked Rahul to do the same thing. However, he said 'no thanks'."

Both Warren Buffet and Bill Gates reacted to Chetan's decision with heavy heart.

"We are very glad that Mr. Chetan gave us all his wealth. I don't know what he will do after giving his entire wealth to us. Probably he would need charity. We require such small examples to expand our philosophy of philonthropy," said Warren Buffet.




0 comments for "Chetan Bhagat donates all his wealth to Buffet-Gates Foundation"

Leave a reply

comments powered by Disqus

    Blog Archive