Published On:Thursday 22 August 2013

Pappu Pandey is now eligible for government’s food security scheme, decided to vote for Congress in next elections

Ex-Investment Banker Pappu Pandey finally receives his Blue Ration card that will help him in claiming benefits of food security scheme. Pappu Pandey left his high paid job and had applied for the below poverty line (BPL) status in April 2013.

"Thanks to my municipal corporator who helped me getting precious 'Blue Ration card' (indication of poorest of poor person) for just 25000 rupees. Now I can enjoy unstoppable esteemed service of Government and middle class Indians throughout my life," said Pappu Pandey.

Pappu said he is very happy as entire middle class in the nation along with rich people will work for him.

"That's a great feeling. I never wanted to work and waste my time to bring sweat to my body. It was great idea that somebody is working for me so that I will not sleep empty stomach. I would love to remain as a poor for rest of my life," said Pandey.

Talking about the entire process, Pappu Pandey said "It is very easy process. I transferred my properties to a charitable trust owned by my maid. I resigned from my job and met our municipal corporator who guaranteed me that blue ration card would get for around 25000 rupees. Now I have it. I initially thought to transfer my residential address to footpath but corporator said that it was not necessary. He also told me to construct a slum so that I will get free residence as well."

Pandey also suggested the ideas like marriage with servant will help in applying for blue ration card.

The UPA government had recently thrashed the idea of creating more and more jobs and attracting investments in various industries as a very long route to empower poor. The government said that food security bill will shorten the duration of sharing ultimate benefits to poor.

"We are more conclusive this time. Why waste energy in creating employment and attract investment? It is always easier and shorter route to channelize money from one's pocket to poor. See with this policy the poor will get food without doing anything. So rather than asking him to work and earn money for food we will directly put it in his pocket so what is the harm in this policy," said Food Minister KV Thomas.

However, Thomas expressed concerns over BJP stalling Parliament to stop the bills to be introduced. But Pappu Pandey said that now he is not worried about when bill will be passed in the Parliament as he knows till the Congress Party exists in India, pro-poor policies will continue forever.

"Thanks to Congress Party and its Bharat Nirmaan project, now I am eligible for food security. I am not worried about BJP's time pass in the Parliament because I know that someday the bill will be passed and I will get food for almost free of cost," said Pappu Pandey.




0 comments for "Pappu Pandey is now eligible for government’s food security scheme, decided to vote for Congress in next elections"

Leave a reply

comments powered by Disqus

    Blog Archive